Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Rode The Bus With A Convicted Terrorist

Well, in LA you never know who you'll run into, but never in a million years did I expect to ride the bus with a convicted terrorist. Nonetheless, I did just that today. His name is Dr. Russell Welch and he has a Ph.D. in physics from UCLA. He was on his way to his parole hearing and had just got out of the County Jail for 9 days. The feds dropped a domestic terrorism charge against him, otherwise he'd have gone to jail for 20 years. That is still a violation, however, and he was forced to show up at the parole office for a sentencing hearing. I let him use my phone to call and say he was gonna be late, but the parole officer hung up on him. He believes in the New World Order and aliens and 2012 and all that bullshit. I told him I believed every word he said. He was fired from professing for being a terrorist. His Lebanese buddy is a pimp in a local motel. He is a convert to Islam and attends mosque regularly. I even shook his hand and told him my name. He seemed like a rather nice man, although he admitted to being a terrorist right up front. When he was talking on my phone, this girl across the aisle from me was laughing hysterically at him, because he was insane. I was laughing too, but I tried to curb it around him. When we all got off the bus, I got on one bus but he and other strangers got on another bus and I'm sure he annoyed them with his terrorist story. That is a life moment through the eyes of an autistic person.

1 comment:

ther1 said...

This is the most unintentionally hilarious blog ever.